Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mulberry Tree Organic & Piccalilly


Piccalilly was the first brand that I discovered when researching brands that would fit in with Mulberry Tree Organic's Ethos. I first emailed Hannah the founder of Piccalilly late 2008 and asked for information on the brand, soon after I recieved the info I realised that I needed to speak to her. It was a long conversation and at the end of it I knew Piccalilly was a perfect brand to launch Mulberry Tree Organic. Hannah and I are both very passionate about what we are trying to achieve and I am sure the conversation would have been alot longer had we not been on opposite sides of the world.

It was when I recieved my first order that I realised why the brand was so popular in the UK and Hannah was finding it hard to keep up with demand, despite the UK being hit hard by the recession. If you love brands like Benetton and Gap you will love Piccalilly, I think it is the Organic brand that provides us with those practical items of clothing that our kids love to wear and you get to feel good too because they have been produced in an ethical way. Piccalilly only uses Fairtrade producers and manufacturers and Hannah makes the trip to India once a year to touch base and see the process for herself.

Hannah launched Piccalilly in 2006 after the birth of her first child and things have been moving fast for the Yorkshire Dales business over the last few years. Their core values have remained the same from day one, they set out to build a brand of bright and individual clothes that were ethically produced but appealed beyond just the typical ethical consumer. Colour, style and a sense of fun lie at the heart of the Piccalilly brand and you and your child will love feel great about choosing Piccalilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment